Fully funding public transportation is the ONLY way we can give every single person the means to get to work, to school, to fun, to appointments, to recreation.
As I’ve said before, we should invest in excellent public transportation that is:
- Free (to the user)
- Predictable (schedules available at all stops and on phones)
- Attractive / Beautiful
- Frequent (always less than a ten minute wait)
- Everywhere (less than a ten minute walk from most locations)
- Efficient (Local and Express)
- Resourceful (should maximize options of local terrain. Pittsburgh for example could use streetcars, along side ferries and the incline to take advantage of our rivers and hills)
- and has the right of way against all other modes of travel.
Read more at Reimagine and Urban Paradise